Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recent Projects

As promised, I am including some pictures of more recent stitching projects. The first one is a sampler that I did for family friends that just moved into a new home. I wasn't sure when I started just how it would come out, but I really love the primitive look of it. I think this may be the first of many samplers that I will work on. I just love the primitive, colonial look. I also like the frame that I picked out since it looks old.


This one is a cute little project that I worked on last fall. I really wanted to finish it for Christmas, but I just didn't make it. I finally got through it sometime in January since we had so much snow/cooped-up-in-the-house time.




The snowmen were pretty easy since the fabric was a big count. That was actually a good thing, though I'm quickly becoming a bit of a fabric snob. Occasionally it is good to work on soemthing easier because I don't have to strain my poor eyes. Plus, the easier projects tend to come together more quickly and it feels great to actually finish something in less than 3 or 4 months...

Hopefully I will finish up some projects in the next few weeks so that I can show off a bit since I have nothing to be proud of in the quality of my photography.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

Hey! A fellow stitcher! I've always loved to sew, but it seems like I don't have much time for it these days...How do you find the time when you have a two-year-old running around?

Just thought I'd check out your blog. Brian's been telling me how funny it is. He cracked up reading the one about your digital camera issues.