Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Grocery Stores Suck, Flor is the Shizzz

Open letter to all grocery stores:

As a consumer, I would like to write to you regarding the sheer torture that a trip to one of your establishments is for me, a mom. Let me explain. I took a trip to buy a few groceries that would enable me to make supper. I didn't need much, just some fruit and bread. It was going to be a simple little outing on the way home from work. Since I was on the way home from work, I stopped to pick up my two year old. I admit, this may have been my first miscalculation, but I really had no choice as I was pretty much her only opportunity for a ride home as her dad was on his way to a concert to see Wol- (never mind, too embarassing).

Anyway, we arrived at the store to find racks up on shiny racks stuffed and overflowing with small items that could only be described as kid magnets. There were rows of fluffy handmade bread, jars of jams and jellies, neatly stacked pyramids of fruit just waiting to topple over. WTF? Yes, this looks nice, but are you just trying to booby trap parents with little kids?

Further, let me just say (a certain small well known Tulsa store should listen up) aisles that are narrower than the arm span of an average size woman are a real pain in the ass. This is especially true when the buggies (or shopping carts for people not from a small town) are GINORMOUS.

Also, I would like to say that often when I go to the grocery store, I am not there for fun. I am there to buy the stuff on my list and make a hasty (and increasingly expensive) exit. So, would it be too much to ask you to reliably stock basic f%^&ing staple items so that I don't have to go to (God Forbid) more than one of your locations in the same day??? Yes, that question warranted three question marks...

To sum up, I would like to see the following changes:

1. Breakable items would be moved to an area out of reach of toddlers

2. Fruit should be put into bins, not stacked to resemble the Eiffel Tower. This is just an unnecessary hazzard and it actually makes ME want to kick it to pieces.

3. Aisles should be at least 8 feet wide so that if a customer stops to peruse the selection it won't cause buggy traffic congestion.

4. Please send the angry teenage stock boy to check supplies so that I can grab a jar of tahini and go. I mean, what kind of store doesn't have a basic staple of middle eastern cuisine??

Thanks for your consideration beotches,

CCD
------------------------------------------

Ok, so we needed a rug for the bedroom now that the hardwood floors are in. I've been obsessed with finding a way to install some Flor carpet tiles because they are SO cool. Finally, the opportunity presented itself and I took it.

Check out these pics of my super cool new rug. It's made up of six different tiles, all with unique textures. I am totally in love.


Runner in the hall


Rug in the bedroom - closeup


Additional view of my new rug

If you want to check out all the options available with these awesome carpet tiles, go to http://www.flor.com/. It's really a cool idea for people with kids or pets since you can just pick up a tile and run it under tap water to clean it. When it's dry, you just stick it back down. Awesome.


2 comments:

joel.white said...

At least Blake was seeing Wolfmother and not Clay Aiken, then I'd be worried. I have no idea who Wolfmother is (I was curious and had to Google it), but its gotta be more manly than Gaiken.

I love the angry Charla rants, they make me laugh out loud.

Unknown said...

Flor looks great. I like the pattern/color you picked out.