Thursday, May 22, 2008

Project Update

Not that I have a ton of time to work on my hobbies, but now and then, after all the babies have been properly feed, kissed, hugged and put to bed, I have a minute or two to work on some needlework projects. I started one for Vivian about a week before she was born. There is some procrastination for you. But, I am proud to say that I am officially half finished with it. Here is a quick pic to let you know what I'm working on these days:




The design will be repeated on the left side of the piece and Vivi's name and date of birth will be in the middle of the heart. You can see that the word "born" is sort of floating there in the middle. When I start a new project, I have to start in the middle for counting purposes. I know some stitchers break out a ruler and start in the upper corners, but that's too technical for me and I'm sure I'd screw up on some minor detail and then the whole thing would be jacked. At which point, I would freak out and have a total meltdown and all of my project supplies would end up in the fireplace. And really, those freak outs of mine just upset Blake too much...

Anyway, that is the current project. I have managed to finish one, but I didn't get it framed in time for St. Patrick's Day. But, it's cute and I guess I really ought to show off something that I have finished.



This is a project that I have been working on for my mother. It was supposed to be a gift for Mama and Daddy's 35th wedding anniversary. But, given that they just celebrated their 36th anniversary, I'd say that this may be a Christmas gift. I'm not committing to a specific year, but Christmas it is.




The finished piece will have some animals and charms and, theoretically, a nice border around the whole thing. You may notice that the border is totally fricacked and I will have to rip it out and start over. That is mainly why the piece has not been finished. I just haven't gathered the ambition to actually start ripping out the stitching. I just hate, hate backtracking.

Speaking of projects, I guess I should include an update on my most important project(s). The girls are doing really well and Vivi is really beefing up. She will outweigh Cayton in a month or two at this rate. Of course, that's not really a benchmark since Cayton is a noodle and has, for some reason, gone on a hunger strike. I can't get the kid to eat anything. I think it's slightly disturbing that a three year old has serious ripped abs. But, whatever. Here are a couple of pics of Cayton demonstrating her patented strangle hold maneuver on Vivi.


No comments: