Friday, January 19, 2007

Shut - in Again?

Yikes. I just checked the local weather website and it looks like another storm is headed our way. For accuracy, I should say that it's another SNOW storm. As a life long Oklahoman, I must point out that I am not psychologically equipped for being snowed in for more than about 25 minutes. As a people, we are not used to having our plans hampered by extreme weather. Of course, we have lots of severe weather, but tornadoes only last a few minutes. If your house/trailer makes it through, you are by no means confined to it for days on end!

Anyway, Blake and I had planned on performing the classical "kid swap" move this weekend. My parents were going to meet us halfway between Hugo and Tulsa (i.e. Turnpike McDonald's) to pick Cayton up. She was going to go spend the weekend in Hugo while we were going to do whatever we damn well pleased until Sunday afternoon when would perform "Reverse Swap". But, with this new weather development, it looks like we won't be acting like kids again. I imagine that we will spend the weekend cooped up, stuffing our faces in order to stave off the resulting boredom. Isn't it funny that we spend so much money on "stuff", but can't manage to spend more than a day in our houses without getting bored? I guess it's more sad than funny.

This weather is really wreaking havoc on my plans for a new, more streamlined bod this year...

No comments: