Sunday, January 06, 2008

Fun Times at the Doerr House

If you could just imagine me sitting on the floor in front of Cayton begging her to pee-pee in the potty, you would have a great idea of what's been going on in our house for the past 4 or 5 days.  I think this whole potty training thing is the least fun I've had in my short parenting experience.  This is ridiculously frustrating and BORING.  I have about 35 seconds of down time in any given day and now I spend it sitting on the cold tile floor staring at a toilet and begging for divine intervention.  Not that I haven't been in this position before, but at least I had some good party memories to get me through AND I had an idea that the misery would end.  I have no idea when Cayton will get on board with this whole "going in the potty" deal.  She was fairly happy with the way things were. 

In other news, we did get out of the house today for a trip to the park.  It's rarely 70 degrees here in January, so we took advantage of the good weather.  Cayton got to ride her bike and visit the ducks at the pond.  Unfortunately, we didn't think to take bread for the ducks and she was pretty irritated since there were other kids there feeding the ducks.  But, ever the resourceful one, Cayton decided to feed them some sticks.  Yum...



No comments: