Monday, April 30, 2007

Benadryl Out, Xanax In


OK, so I mentioned earlier that Benadryl might be a good way to get Cayton to Sweden without annoying everyone on the flight over. Well, based on the results of our clinical trial, Benadryl is NOT the way to go, for Cayton at least. Here are the results of our highly scientific drug trials.


8:00 Administered Benadryl to test subject. Awaited results with utmost confidence.


8:30 Observed that test subject did not appear to be affected in any way.


9:00 Test subject appears to in fact be more energetic. Perhaps dosage was not correct.


9:05 Check dosage instructions and find to my dismay that is was correct.


9:15 Test subject is loudly protesting attempts to put her to bed


9:30 Test subject accepts offer of "Blankie & Teddy Bear". She may be ready for bed. The stuff is working!


9:35 Wait, she's going to bed about the same time as usual and with drugs. Stuff may not be working...


3:30 am Test subject is loudly yelling, "Mama!". Monitor amplifies the noise and jolts us out of bed.


3:35 Test subject joins us in our bed and sleeps soudly for an hour until she wakes up, climbs onto my stomach and falls asleep. Needless to say, Mama is NOT happy.


5:30 Test subject is again loudly yelling, "Mama, Daddy".


5:35 Daddy says sleepily, "No benadryl on the plane!" To which I grumble something best not related here. I guess this is what we get for experimenting on our kid. She showed that, as usual, she had other plans...


So, as far as I can tell, this highly touted baby "tranq" is not an option for us. I'm really upset about this as I assumed that it would help us keep the kid on a good sleep schedule and reduce her jet lag. Oh well, I guess we'll survive. I just hope that Stockholm is ready for Caytonius!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome, that sounds like something I would do if I had a kid. Maybe alcohol next time :)