Tuesday, April 10, 2007

From where I sit

There is a Jimmy Buffet song that I think about sometimes and it talks about his "window on the world". I like the image of a person sitting at their own little window watching the world opening up front of them. Every element of the vision in front of the viewer playing out in a way that is only meaningful to that particular observer. I imagine that everyone would look out their own window and what they'd see would make perfect sense. Then, if you happened to look out someone else's window, the whole picture would be twisted and confused. It would only work if it was meant for you.

My particular window on the world is pretty crazy even for me. Cayton is listening to her music, which is a CD of classical music with silly lyrics. She loves it and it's not too bad for me to listen to either. It's certainly better than a lot of the other options out there. She's wearing a pair of pajama bottoms over her jeans and occasionally she has on a pair of purple high heels. At the same time, she is working up a pretty good tantrum (as you can see from the pic above).

OK, this metaphor is too tough for me tonight. If I had some time and quiet to think about it, I would no doubt come up with something great. But, as it is, I just don't have anything left to throw out here. So, I think that I will just let it go...

But, on an up note, I am planning a trip to Stockholm! That's exciting at least!

No comments: