Friday, September 02, 2005

Getting Started...

I realized yesterday that since baby Cayton was born, time has sped up to the point that everything goes by in a blur. The resulting conclusion was that I haven't been recording for posterity all the amazing things that Cayton does everyday. Of course, as a mom, I felt the familiar crush of guilt and I made an immediate resolution to start putting pen to paper. Actually, I vowed to use my video camera more. Have I done that yet?? No, of course not. But, in my defense, Cayton didn't do too much yesterday. I think she has tired a bit of constantly entertaining me. She napped quite a lot and left me to fend for myself.

But, I guess the point of this blog for me is to record some of the events that will unfold as Cayton grows. Hopefully, this will be a way to keep my memories of her so that I can share them with her later on. I guess I'm terrified that in the busy happenings of daily life, I will forget to put an emphasis on the little things that eventually will mean so much to me and to her daddy. Wouldn't I just hate myself if later on I realize that I didn't even write down the time and date of her first smile, laugh or word?? I bet I'll really hate myself if I don't video all her little accomplishments. So, I resolve to do my dead level best to record every thing. Wow, that's a really big resolution...

Goal #1: Figure out how to post the video of Cayton's baptism. As this may take a while, here's a picture.

No comments: