Monday, September 26, 2005

Whew! I am so tired today. This really the worst Monday I've had in a really long time. It started off with me sleeping through my alarm. When I realized that it was already past 7:00 a.m., I dashed out of bed and sprinted to the shower. My mind was racing. I need to call work, I have to feed the baby, I need to find my keys... It was rough.

I did make it to work. I wasn't too late, but I surely wasn't at my desk at 8:00. I am not sure why I hit bottom all of the sudden, but it seems that mommyhood has caught up with me. I have been euphoric with Cayton's great sleeping habits and I have managed to keep it all together. But, today, I am feeling every minute of it. My eyes are saggy and tired, my neck is so stiff that I can barely turn my head and if it gets quiet this afternoon, my head will hit the desk. However...

That being said, I am counting the minutes until I can leave here and pick up my baby! I can barely stand the 6 or so hours that we are apart during the day. Part of it is anticipation of playing with her and the rest of it is guilt for putting her in a day care facility. Am I a terrible mother? I read an article today about the pros and cons of staying home vs. working. Of course, I was practically squashed flat by the 2 ton guilt burden that descended on me. I don't know the answer to this because I can't come up with a rational answer. It's just too much of an emotional issue. Please, someone set me straight! This topic, like politics, is ruled by idealogues on both sides. I've rarely seen a rational discussion. If anyone has a common sense opinion, please let me know!

No comments: